Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Boy

Lately I have been finding him exactly in this position. Coloring, on the floor, with his foot propped up. What's so significant about this is that I did the exact same thing as a kid. I would color for hours on the floor and usually with a leg propped up. He loves to color, LOVES it and is getting remarkably good at it. The other day he said when he grew up he wanted to be an artist. Of course my heart did a happy dance however I know that desire is fleeting. I am sure he will change his mind a few times over :)

I love watching him do whatever he loves to do and improving at it each day.  Whatever he decides to do or be in life I just want him to love doing it.  I have watched all of these athletes over the past few weeks at the Olympics and they are such an inspiration of drive and motivation to follow your dreams and show that doing what you love and working hard (EXTREMELY hard no doubt) can pay off for you.  I hope to instill in him to just follow HIS dreams and that HE can do anything he wants if he puts his mind to it. 

No comments: