Saturday, June 5, 2010

Home Depot Day!

Last month I happened to be at Home Depot with Brayden buying flowers when an employee told me about a kid's day they were having that day at their store. She told me to go check it out -- that the kids get an apron and do a small project-- and its all free. So we went to see what it was all about. It was super fun. They hand you a kit with directions and then have tables set up to create the fun project. Last month for May it was a planter. Brayden seemed to enjoy it so we went again this morning. This month, I am assuming in honor of World Cup 2010, it was a mini soccer game. Its designed for kids 5-12 so its a little old for Brayden and I have ended up doing most of the work but he likes holding the hammer and squeezing the glue bottle and sitting on the table and watching. Once you are done they give the kids a certificate and a pin for their apron. I took some pics of him in his official Home Depot apron and his completed projects.









1 comment:

michele said...

i love this. so wish we woulda done it that soccer toy would be a hit in our home.
really like the painting and quote of the day. that matisse is in my bathroom. super.
we miss ya'll!