Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day Parade

Our neighborhood each year always puts on an awesome Memorial Day Parade. The local schools get involved and its really cool! I took Brayden last year with my Mom and this year my Dad and Jackie went along with my mother-in-law Linda (Ryan was in New York for a tournament). It was surprisingly not too hot when it started - by the end it was definitely warming up. The parade was great: police cars, police motorcycles, firetrucks, a band, classic cars, clowns, boys scouts, Star Wars characters, lots of community leaders; principals, school board trustees, a state representative - even Miss Dallas! Afterwards at the elementary they had hot dogs, drinks, cotton candy, and snow cones. They also had bounce houses and train rides. A police helicopter even landed on the school lawn! The children really thought that was neat (including me!). Brayden loved the Thomas the Train ride. I think that was his favorite. He told the conductor thanks for the ride :) I love that he will go to that school someday - so nice they do that for the community each year!

























No comments: