Sunday, October 3, 2010

Love the Fair!

We made the annual pilgrimage to the State Fair of Texas and as always, it was a super fun time. Lots of yummy food you wait to eat all year and lots of things to see and do. Nanny and Aunt T (Kaylee) went along as well which made it even more of a good time. Brayden enjoyed the fair even more this year - especially the petting zoo and a few of the rides. Here are some pics!

First the petting zoo:

A giraffe!

The funny thing is Brayden really thought this was Melman from Madagascar. They had a few zebras as well and he kept calling them Martys. :)

He wanted to hold the feed cup until a goat went for it and then he wanted me to feed the animals and he helped from afar.



Donkey and her sweet baby




These are by far the strangest animals I have ever seen! I couldn't tell you what the names are, I have forgotten. But bizarre!






His favorite was the pig and her babies. I couldn't take a photo of it. I felt too bad for the momma pig - they were crawling all over her and nursing - she looked miserable.

A butterfly landed on Kaylee's arm. I told her that had to mean good luck was headed her way.


Showing off her new good luck charm to B.


The Midway!


A corny dog lover, like his Daddy and Mommy. Yay for Fletcher's!






The iconic Texas Star


Midway alley of games


So last year Brayden wasn't really big enough for rides: tall enough or brave enough. This year however was a different story, he was game for them all. We just rode a few. I took a pic showing he had hit the 36" mark!


Plane ride with Daddy.




Race car ride

He decided he would rather have T go with him.


We saved the best for last. The log ride with Nanny and Mommy.


The thing about this ride I didn't realize until I was already on it with my almost 3 year old is there are no safety harnesses. I thought oh geez, and just held onto Brayden for dear life. It was really actually quite fun and the next few photos show us coming down the grande finale. :) Thanks to Ryan for capturing it all. When you zoom in on one of them you can see Brayden looks terrified - but afterwards he asked if he could go again. So I guess he liked it! I laugh everytime I see these.











In front of Big Tex...


Brayden went home saying "Howdy Folks this is Big Tex!"


I take this photo every year of Ryan and Brayden - in front of the car buildings - by the lagoon. With Brayden on Ryan's shoulders. It has become a tradition and each year I put the new photo in a frame on my vanity in my bathroom so I can look at the two of them when I get ready in the morning. Its fun to see the changes in Brayden each year. This is year 3!
See ya next year State Fair!

No comments: