Thursday, July 7, 2011

DIY Rain Gutter Shelves

This past holiday weekend Ryan and I tackled a DIY project I had seen online a few months ago and had not been able to get it out of my mind for Brayden's room. It sounds crazy but the project is taking vinyl rain gutters and creating awesome bookshelves on the wall! Brayden loves waking up in the morning and reading books so I felt like this would be perfect for him to have bookshelves right above his bed for him to grab whatever book he felt like reading and keeping himself busy. It was super easy and very cheap - I think the whole project was about $45.00 - all supplies were purchased at Home Depot in the gutter aisle. Seriously. Check out the after photos:






5 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Okay...I have to admit....I thought WHY IN THE WORLD is she blogging about rain gutters? Now I get it! SO CUTE!

courtney said...

Love it!!! They turned out great! We REALLY need to do that in our playroom. I just need to actually get off pinterest and accomplish something!! :)

Unknown said...

It’s a good idea that you hung it beside Bryan’s bed. That will certainly encourage him to read more, now that books are within easy reach. That’s the beauty of being creative and resourceful: you can always find other uses for things that seemingly have lost their purpose.

*Tia Manly

Unknown said...

Another great way to make use of the gutter. Those looks like a lovely art on the wall, only with books. Always do regular cleaning for your baby's health. You wouldn't want risking your son's health to dusts all over his room, especially that bookshelf of his. I look forward to seeing more creative stuff from you. Have a great day!

Willi Roofing

Unknown said...

This is absolutely ingenious! Who would have thought that gutters can be used for decorative purposes such as this? Where did you get this idea? I find it amazing because it looks cool and it also serve as a great space-saving solution. You did a fantastic job, Julie!

Roscoe Dansby @ Gutter Helmet